Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the following FAQs to answer any questions you may have about Elie Pharmacy and our services. If you can't find what you are looking for, our staff are available to answer your questions - call us at 833-861-5325.
MEDICATION RELATED QUESTIONS
- What is required to order my medications?
- Do I need a prescription to order my medications?
- How do I send my prescription(s) to you?
- Can you do a Pharmacy transfer for my medication?
- Can you fax my doctor to acquire new prescriptions or refills?
- How much can I order?
- Can I order many medications at the same time?
- Can I send the medication back if I stop taking it or if it doesn't work?
- Do you sell narcotics or other controlled substances?
- Can I speak with a live pharmacist?
- Why are your prices different than what I have been paying previously?
- If I order my prescriptions from you, aren't I always getting a generic version of my medicine?
- What is the difference between a brand name medication and a generic medication?
- Does my physician need to know that I'm getting my prescriptions filled Elie Pharmacy?
- Do you ship refrigerated medications?
SHIPPING and PAYMENT QUESTIONS
- I have insurance. Can you accept my insurance as payment?
- How much do you charge for shipping?
- How do you ship orders?
- Can you ship my order to me overnight?
- How long does delivery take?
- What if I have questions when I receive my order?
- What are your hours of operation?
- What if you don't have all of the items in stock?
- Is my personal information safe?
- What currency do you use for transactions?
- What type of payments do you accept?
- When am I billed?
- You've answered all my questions, but I'm still a bit nervous to order from you. Do you offer a way I can try your service risk-free?
MEDICATION RELATED QUESTIONS
1. What is required to order my medications?
All users of Elie Pharmacy must first sign up to become a Member. You can do that when you order for the first time. It's easy and it's free.
New members must provide their basic health information for our doctors and pharmacists, along with a valid address, prescriptions (where applicable) and a form of payment. You also need to agree to our Terms and Conditions of Membership by sending a signed copy back to us.
2. Do I need a prescription to order my medications?
Yes, a valid prescription written by an American physician, and reviewed by a Canadian licensed physician is required to order prescription medications.
3. How do I send my prescription(s) to you?
Please fax your prescription(s) to us directly at 833-861-5327.
4. Can you do a Pharmacy transfer for my medication?
Yes. Our pharmacy staff can contact your local pharmacy and transfer any remaining refill and existing prescriptions.
5. Can you fax my doctor to acquire new prescriptions or refills?
Absolutely! We would be happy to do this at your request so that ordering your medications through us is as convenient as possible.
6. How much can I order?
We can only fill for a 90 day supply of your medication at a time.
7. Can I order many medications at the same time?
You can order medications for which you have a prescription. You may only order a 90 Day supply at a time.
8. Can I send the medication back if I stop taking it or if it doesn't work?
Yes, you can send your medication back to us and we can properly destroy the returned medication. Please note that prescriptions that have been dispensed and shipped to the customer cannot be returned back to inventory under Canadian law. For this reason, all sales are final.
9. Do you sell narcotics or other controlled substances?
No we do not ship narcotics or controlled substances.
10. Can I speak with a live pharmacist?
Yes. This pharmacy like all other pharmacies must counsel all patients whether they are in Manitoba or anywhere else in the world and they must provide counselling on all prescriptions dispensed.
11. Why are your prices different than what I have been paying previously?
The Canadian government regulates how much pharmaceutical companies can charge for their brand name medications in Canada.
12. If I order my prescriptions from you, aren't I always getting a generic version of my medicine?
No. Brand name medications are available for you, depending on your doctor's prescription.
13. What is the difference between a brand name medication and a generic medication?
"Generic medication" is a commonly used term to identify non-brand name medications that are sold, in jurisdictions where the original manufacturer's patent protection has expired. Typically, a generic medication is a pharmaceutical equivalent to a branded medication product and has identical strength, dosage form, and concentration. Usually, generic medications are significantly less expensive than brand name medications. By law, these drugs must provide the same therapeutic effect as the brand name drug.
14. Does my physician need to know that I'm getting my prescriptions filled by Elie Pharmacy?
For any pharmacy that you have previously dealt with with for either controlled or narcotic medications, you are obliged to inform them that you now (also) deal with Elie Pharmacy. Other than that, it is entirely up to you whether you tell your physician where you get your prescriptions filled, but we generally recommend that you do. The more your physician knows about your drug regimen, the better they can assist you. On occasion, our pharmacists may need to contact your physician for clarification on your prescription or for further information. Therefore it may be prudent to inform your physician that we may call.
15. Do you ship refrigerated medications?
No we do not ship medication that is temperature sensitive and that requires refrigeration.
SHIPPING and PAYMENT QUESTIONS
16. I have insurance. Can you accept my insurance as payment?
Sorry, we are unable to accept insurance payments. However, we do provide you with an official receipt for insurance purposes, which you can submit for claims with your insurance company. Please contact your insurance company for details.
17. How much do you charge for shipping?
The base shipping price from our pharmacy to North America is $10.99 per order. Some products require special handling, and in those cases, the base shipping charge is $15.99. From Canada, you can choose faster shipping methods for additional cost. Ask a representative when you call.
18. How do you ship orders?
Orders are shipped by Canada Post. All orders entering the U.S. are handled by the United States Postal Service.
19. Can you ship my order to me overnight?
We are unable to overnight orders.
20. How long does delivery take?
We guarantee your order will arrive within 30 days after receipt of all documentation necessary to fill your order. However the average shipping time is about 10-14 days.
21. What if I have questions when I receive my order?
We encourage you to call us at 833-861-5325, or email us with any of your questions and concerns.
22. What are your hours of operation?
Our Customer Service Centre is staffed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST, Monday to Friday, and Saturday from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. We would be happy to take your telephone orders and answer your questions.
23. What if you don't have all of the items in stock?
If an item you ordered becomes out of stock, we will contact you and let you know.
24. Is my personal information safe?
Yes, your privacy is a top priority. We have taken steps to ensure your information remains strictly confidential and will protect your rights to privacy as set out under the guidelines of the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
25. What currency do you use for transactions?
All of our transactions are conducted in U.S. dollars, so no matter where you order from, it is always clear what you are being billed for.
26. What type of payments do you accept?
Members can pay by mailing a check, or by EFT (electronic fund transfer).
27. When am I billed?
When your cheque arrives, it is matched with your purchase order, which is then submitted to the pharmacy network for processing. If you are paying via EFT, an EFT 'transaction' is attempted, and if it is valid, your order is processed immediately. EFT transactions take a day or two to appear in your account.
28. You've answered all my questions, but I'm still a bit nervous to order from you. Do you offer a way I can try your service risk-free?
YES! Order from Elie Pharmacy with our 100% satisfaction-guaranteed policy.
We understand that trying something new is not always easy. That's why we offer the Try Me Guarantee. It's part of our commitment to providing you with a safe and secure shopping experience.
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE with the Try Me Guarantee. You have the assurance you deserve in making your first purchase from the pharmacies in our network. We are convinced that you will be 100% satisfied.
If for any reason you are not satisfied, simply give us a call within 30 days. You will receive a full-credit for the entire amount -- hassle free. The credit will be applied towards your next purchase -- no questions asked*.
*The Try Me Guarantee is only good for first-time purchases though a pharmacy. Members who use the guarantee will be issued a full-credit towards their next purchase without hassle or questions. However, members who use this guarantee will not be covered should they decide to order from the same country again at a later date.
Order cancellations due to a change in health regimen are not covered under the Guarantee.
No prescription products are restocked or resold after being returned. All prescription returns are destroyed in compliance with applicable pharmaceutical regulations.